The Chrysalis face mask is a cloth mask designed to provide the barrier against the COVID 19 virus. This mask applies scientific research to design and materials to achieve maximum protection for both the wearer and those they encounter. Because any mask is only as good as the commitment to wear it, this mask is designed to be breathable and comfortable as well as stylish!
The Chrysalis mask is two layers of high-thread-count cotton with a pocket, to insert a full-coverage filter and comes with a Safety Silk Insert. A recent study shows that masks made with a combination of tightly woven cotton and natural silk, filtered out 80% to 99% of particles. The cotton acts as a mechanical barrier to particles, while the silk holds a static charge that serves as an electrostatic barrier. Here’s the report: https://news.uchicago.edu/story/homemade-masks-made-silk-and-cotton-may-boost-protection
Because proper fit (especially at the nose and cheeks) is critical to protection, I am now offering the Chrysalis mask in 4 sizes. If you don’t fall into one of the sizes illustrated, please provide your measurements (A & B) in the Notes section of your order, and I will do my best to accommodate you. I ask that you pay at least $15 for a custom-sized mask.
Why the Chrysalis Face Mask is your best choice:
- Mask is constructed to be repeatedly machine laundered in hot, soapy water; the Safety Silk Filter should be hand-washed to preserve the static charge;
- You can insert any filter between the two layers, including an N95 mask;
- Luxuriously soft, 100% cotton, high-thread-count for both outside and inside layer;
- Designed to fit snug at the nose and cheeks while being roomy inside and under your chin so you don’t feel confined;
- A center pleat accommodates the shape of your face with no seams in the mask area that could allow the virus to penetrate;
- A pliable nose wire sewed into the top seam can bend both back and down to conform perfectly to your nose and cheeks;
- The Ear-Loop style comes with or without ribbon ties to secure the bottom of the mask at your neck, allowing you to temporarily drop the mask from your ears while still conveniently “wearing” it for times when you don’t need the protection;
- The No-Ears style has a continuous elastic loop that wraps around your neck and head – perfect for people who cannot have something around their ears, such as those who wear hearing aids;
- The Child’s mask is the same as the ear-loop design, but doesn’t have a filter pocket;
- Choose from a beautiful selection of 100% high-thread count 100% cotton prints and solids;
- The inside layer is 100% pre-washed, bleached cotton – chosen to be very soft and breathable.
Wearing a mask is the responsible, unselfish thing to do, and I want to do my part to make it easy for people to do the right thing.
The minimum price, $7, just covers my costs, including one Safety Silk Insert, because I don’t want price to keep you from having the protection this mask provides for you and those around you. If you can afford to pay more, for every mask purchased for $15 or more, I will make an additional mask to donate to organizations distributing masks to people who can’t afford even the $7 price. My goal is to get as many people as possible wearing the best protection, and to make the masks attractive so everyone wants to wear one.
First Class USPS shipping is free in the United States.
You can choose to pay for faster shipping by Priority Mail. I am unable to ship internationally at this time.